Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year, New Challenge

It was shortly after midnight on New Year's that I agreed to face the challenge of training for a marathon with a friend via a phone call. When I woke up later that day I recalled the conversation in my head and laughed a little thinking, thank goodness Steve will never remember our chat. Little did I know that he was going follow-up with the promise a few days later. After being reminded that I was going to train for a marathon last year and that I will be 25 years old this September (completing a marathon is on my list of things to do before I turn 25), I agreed.

So it is I find myself adding two challenges to my 2010 : first, the stated marathon training and second blogging more consistently! And why not try to complete these tasks hand-in-hand?! I will be blogging about my marathon training - and from all of the books I have read about training for a marathon I can assume it will not always be an upbeat and sunny blog. But I will do my best not to complain everyday and to spare the icky details of pain and agony. I am hoping this is the key to my successful completion.

Here we go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment