Monday, June 29, 2009

A new week, new oppertunities

It has been an entire week since my last post and it is raining once again. But the rain stands no chance against my smile today! Just two weeks ago I was in an anxious state of exploring career opportunities, new cities, and dreading the fact that I had no idea what was coming next...

Today the anxiety is gone (well the bad anxiety, I will let the exciting anxiety stick around)! Five minutes ago I officially accepted a job with the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps, I will be their newest Development Coordinator! It is a wonderful chance for me to expand my professional development with a great organization. As my current boss put it, VYCC is considered the premier youth program in the state of Vermont. They have had development staff go onto some of the most well known foundations and become EDs with some of the largest non-profits. I will have greater responsibilities and the chance to strategically plan for the organization as a member of the development team. And did I mention that I will be working in one of the most beautiful barns on a georgous piece of land?! Through all of the whirl wind excitement I have barely had the chance to catch my breath and think about how I am going to wrap up my work here at DREAM in the next two weeks. But it will all work out fine.

So I have a new job, I can stay in my apartment in this fabulous city and I have more adventures heading my way. This is all very exciting! And I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment