Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Craziness

It is amazing how life can remain utterly insane for such an extended length of time. For the past few months I have been fighting to catch my breath and a break. But they do always say that when it rains it pours. Well it has been pouring for about 39 days and I want to know....where is the damn sun?

The insanity this week all started when after a weekend filled with coughing I decided to go to the doctors on Monday morning. Little did I know I was be sitting in an emergency room for almost 8 hours! After receiving a breathing treatment that did not appear to clear anything up, the doctor ordered an x-ray to make sure nothing looked abnormal. So imagine my surprise when Dr. Jessica returned about a half hour after the x-ray was taken and she told me that there appears to be a mass behind my right lung. Not knowing much about the chest area or medical terms I asked, well what does that mean? Well it could be nothing or it could be a tumor. WHAT?! Sitting in the emergency room without cell phone service and by myself I was a bit disoriented and worried. To make a long story short, after a painful run in with a nurse who could not find a large enough vein for an IV, my first experience with a cat scan machine (it is a bit odd how the fluid they inject for dye can make you feel like you peed your pants!), another 2 hours of waiting, and my father and uncle in Rhode Island managing to call the radiologist and doctor, I was told it was nothing. Probably just my hair, which was in a low bun at the back of my neck that cause what looked like a mass behind my lungs. AHHHHH!

I don't think I will be returning to Fanny Allen for a while - should have gotten the hint when I was at SMC and they mixed my mono test up with someone else's and I went three weeks not knowing I actually had mono. Why is it that doctors and hospitals can make such drastic mistakes?! It is there job to get things right!!!!!!!

Here is to another hope that life might calm down....soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment